GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Abdoulaye Saine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 07:52:43 -0500
MRDGUK and G-L Community:
This is an excellent idea and one whose time has come. I support it
without reservation.

Let the opposition parties and their leaders in The Gambia remember the
fatal mistake(s) of their counterparts in the Ghanaian presidential
elections of 1992 in which Rawlings split the opposition and "won."

In addition to the petition, we also need a fund-drive to raise funds to
give a potential United Opposition Party a fighting chance. The odds are
overwhelmingly against them if they remain splintered.

Cheers!
Abdoulaye