GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 15:19:58 EDT
In a message dated 4/20/2001 1:42:02 PM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< - present himself ("Jobe")as a genuine concerned Gambian civil servant who
 is interested in what is necessary to develop our country, in an attempt to
 gain the trust and sympathy of the Gambia_L audience. This will allow him to
 gain a strong-hold in perpetuating his plans to the next step...take over
 the forum.

Abdoulie A. Jallow

Yes, and his method of exercising this cunning approach is to give the
semblance of agreeing with everything raised by Ebrima Ceesay. In a way, he
reminds me of Tombong's style of "I am a good and reasonable guy" appraoch.
These people are coming at us with every strategy, and we better be alert. As
I said, these people have trapped themselves, and are now trying all kinds of
ways to present themselves as reasonable people who are just one of us. They
are sacred but still like the smell of power. staying in power satisfies two
things, it gives them temporary protection from prosecution, whilst they also
continue on their power binge which they are very reluctant to give up. They
want the people to empathize with them so they can stay, and barring that,
they will kill more and create even more bizarre laws in their state of
panic, so they can stay.

Jabou Joh