GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ndey Jobarteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 00:54:13 +0100
Jabou,

I share your views,  there should' nt  be any comprise with Jammeh, the guy
has stolen enough from the masses.  He and his gang has done enough killings
and tortures we will never forget.  He need to be prosecuted with his gang,
that way we can set a standard for any person wanting to lead the country.
If Jammeh should get immunity which he managed to slip into the
constitution, get a generous pension what message are we sending to the
people. Is it that you can take over power, steal, bully, toture, detain,
kill etc., get a generous pension and be protected by the same people you
reduced to nothing.

We have to set an example so that the likes of Jammeh will never be born
again in the history of the Gambia. The nation has to be protected from the
likes of Jammeh. The position paper is good but these two points are a
matter of concern to me because we are not dealing with a short term issue
but a long term one. Something that will guide us from all kinds of inhuman
treatment. For the government to deny  the people the right to self
determination and impose on them the status of slaves is morally
indefensible.

The Struggle Continues!!!
Ndey Jobarteh