GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ebrima ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 08:29:28 PDT
Gambia-L:

The e-mail below came from one of my sources!

Ebrima Ceesay

Hello Ebrima,

I have the feeling that the members of Gambia-L do not appreciate the real
impact they are having on the political scene in The Gambia. Had it not been
for Gambia-L, where the Isatou "Coms" Wadda case was posted to or raised,
the young lady lawyer would have been gone by now.

In fact, a Mr. Janneh had already been appointed to replace her, but because
of Gambia-L's vigilance, the Hon. Pap Cheyassin Secka and Raymond Sock are
now busy looking for ways to get around the public outcry.

They (Secka and Sock) desparately want to lay their hands on the proceeds of
the sale of the Old Court House; and then award contracts to their cronies
and get their cuts. We will be watching!!

We say BRAVO TO GAMBIA-L - YES DEMOCRACY AT ITS VERY BEST. They will
have to keep Mr. Janneh's appointment letter for some time because
"Coms" Wadda will not be pushed out as easily as her first cousin lawyer
Janet Sallah-Njie. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH AND WE SAY NO MORE TO INJUSTICE!

Thanks!