GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Edi Sidibeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 19:20:07 +0000
Well bro. you have said it all in the your piece bellow.some of Jammeh's
weakness are the way to approach the people to give them confedence than
discouraging.He should by now learn how to talk because he is not anymore a
military man but a higher civil servant who need some deplomatic approaches
to get to the top of his dreams as a president. Among other weakness, he
should try to listen to the people (advisers)and not to say I am the
president and things will be done in my way. His advisers cannot be that
ignorant to telling him to lambast on his citizen in his every speach.

He should recalled to the time he was a student till a lower ranker in the
military if he was any better than the youths of the generations when he is
a president.Was he selling cigarrettes on the street? was he going to the
bush to fetch firewood and sell them? was he not drinking attaya and all
sorts? of course not, then why should he espect more from nowadays youths
who are supporting him everyday. sometime position made us to forget our
real values. Gambians are heard working people and committed to developing
our individual family lives whether jammeh knows it or not.It is really
painful to see your own president insulting your integrety every now and
then. I think he should by now start lambasting on how we can reach to the
strategy of reducing the higher inflation.

Again,I will repeat the fact that there have been a great development in the
infrastructural area in comparison to the previous government yet there is
more development to be considered such as economical developments than
feeding animals in kanilia while people are hungry. On the whole, how can i
be active if my stomach is empty yet taking a blame of not trying anything?
before building another zoo, why can't we make the previous one more
attractive and save that monies for better use. If Jammeh wants people to
stop accusing him, he should be mindful of what he is doing because we are
all aware of the fact that he was not the late ivorian president who come to
power with wealth.All African leaders are greedy and of course were you work
is there you should survive but then again, too much of everything is bad.
lessons should be learn from the previous government and the out come of
their greediness after 30 good years. It is high time for Mr jammeh to be
more positive and loyal as well as giving some trust to his people who put
him in the position and stop winding on their laziness.
Thanks for you piece brother for your take in this important issue.
Edi

One that depends on loans
to survive should be very mindful of his words and in the case of Jammeh he
gets easily excited, once his audience start clapping he starts bragging
about things that are realistically untenable. Hence the only advise I
belief people can give you is to caution Jasmmeh so that he will be more
diplomatic and respecful towards other people, untill this is the case the
Gambia will not earn the erespect it deserves and in the process will lose
valuable allies.