GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Katim S. Touray" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 22:51:32 -0700
Dear Koto Sidi,

Thanks so much for your clarification.  Please understand that I did not
mean to criticize you for not commenting on Gambia-L on developments in The
Gambia.  I have not criticized anybody for not saying anything, and will
never do so simply because it's tough to be critical of nothing!  I just
wanted to point out the dilema presented some people sometimes, especially
those working for international agencies.  I perfectly understand that for
everything there's a time and place, especially when one is talking about
the pronoucements of one with your stature. God, if only President Jammeh
had learned from you!

I hope this puts that matter to rest.  And by the way, I'd like to take this
opportunity to say a big THANKS to you for your kind words about my taking
myself off Gambia-L management.  I'm not quite hundred percent out yet (my
tail's still in there!) but I hope to completely take myself off the list of
managers shortly.  Have a great week, and I wish you and your family and the
entire Gambian community in Cote d'Ivoire all the best, and safety.

Katim