GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 10:24:00 -0500
Ebrima, George and others, words alone cannot express how proud I feel
reading about your bout with Stovall. You guys did a fantastic job and I
thank you from the bottom of my heart for the effort. We must fight these
people in every arena we get. Remain vigilant. I hope this sends a message
to both our foes and our friends. To our foes, the message is that we are
ready to go all out to destroy them before they destroy The Gambia and
ordinary Gambians. To our friends, the message is that if we stick together
and put our hearts to it, we can achieve a lot. I can guarantee that Yaya
might have delivered his last New Year's message. Here I have to pause and
thank Ebrima again for the tremendous job he did debunking the mumbo jumbo
Yaya was delivering. Ebrima, I must say that (as I said to Saul Khan when he
watched Yaya on tape) you guys must have a very high threshold to endure
pain. I just cannot tolerate the vermin. The only time I read about the
moron is when people sieve through his nonsense and put things in
perspective. Ebrima, you adequately summed up the year for us. This was the
most painful year in Gambia's history. The senseless massacre of our
children by Yaya's forces and for Yaya and his Gamtel installations, will
forever be a dark mark in The Gambia. More Gambians died on April 10 and 11,
2000 than have died in wars involving The Gambia. The criminal that ordered
the massacre does not deserve to give a New Year's message to the country.
He does not deserve to live, period. To this day I cannot comprehend how
educated and experienced people in The Gambia can follow a nincompoop like
Yaya. People like Famara Jatta were out telling farmers that there will be
no credit buying this trade season. Reports reaching us now are telling us
that farmers are parting with their crops in exchange for worthless
promissory notes. These farmers might think that they don't have a choice.
But I submit to them that they have a very viable alternative and that is to
get rid of Yaya. We must keep the momentum going. The opposition back home
has to reach a stage where they cannot fathom Yaya winning an election in
The Gambia. The opposition should be prepared to make the country
ungovernable if Yaya steals the elections. Yaya and his cohorts are doing
all they could right now to steal the elections from the people. The
opposition should be fighting their each and every move; starting with the
appointments at the IEC and the proposed constitutional amendments. No cause
is small enough. We have to attack every wrong move Yaya makes and ignore
the good (token) moves he might make. He has enough praise singers he pays
to exaggerate for him. Our focus should be to try and liberate our people
from the misery Yaya imposed on them. This is the year that liberation will
come. Once again, I thank Ebrima, George, Mboge and everyone that
contributed in unmasking Stovall and his collaborators.
KB