GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebrima Ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 08:29:59 GMT
Gambia-L:

As usual, the e-mail came from a source in the heart of Government.

Ebrima Ceesay

Ebrima,

I have to say that our strategy on dealing with this regime is working
extremely well. Having exposed on the L in advance Yahya Jammeh's attempts
to re-appoint Fatou Bom Bensouda to post of Attorney General was a wise
thing to do indeed. All the genuine friends and family of Fatou Bom exerted
pressure on her not to take the job. And now that Jammeh is clear that Fatou
Bom is reluctant to go back to the Ministry of Justice, he has decided that
he should now try Ousman Jammeh. So, it now appears that Mr Ousman Jammeh,
the Coroner who headed the Inquest into the cause(s) of death of the 14
unarmed Gambian school children and babies would be offered the post of
Attorney General and Secretary of State for Justice to replace the
now-disgraced Cheyassin Secka. I know Ousman Jammeh to be very loyal to the
Butcher of Kanilai, and consequently, my instincts tell me that he (Ousman)
will not hesitate to act as chief legal adviser of this disgraceful and
discredited Government. I am not even sure whether this band of hoodlums
should be referred to as a Government anymore. It looks more like a mosaic
of confetti, more appropriately "TRASH", rather than a group of educated,
civilised, humane and dedicated men and women normally associated with a
structured and legitimate Government. Kebba Dampha was right in saying that
only the incompetent, the egotistical, the corrupt and murderers will accept
a post, any post for that matter, in this so-called Jammeh regime. Ousman
Jammeh can go ahead and accept the post. Birds of the same feather, flock
together. No need to plead with the fellow. I know him too well. I venture
to predict that his tenure will be less than a year, because he will not be
able to get Yahya Jammeh out of his own personal legal/illegal
entanglements, not to speak of the illegal activities that have been carried
out thus far by this band of nonentities in the name of the people of The
Gambia. Thanks.