GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pierre Gomez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 2003 22:57:26 -0400
Many Gambians like Ams, do not understand the value of free speech. If Ams want to continue to behave like a wolf, well there will always be the jungle for him to act just that way. Free Speech is not only a constitutional guaranteed right, but a free gift by the Grand Designer, the Almighty God. So, whether you like it or not, people like me,Dibba, or Ebou will certainly speak their minds.

I have my own case against Ebou, but I will not ignorantly or arrogantly ignore the fact that the man has a good command of the language he writes. Equally, Buharry Gassama, Omar Joof and a few others value the opinions of others and do not use the language of self-styled righteous individuals. I call them disciples of Socrates. As I conclude, I urge everyone on the G-L to ignore any grand child of Hitler who uses the web to haul insults on others for simply expressing their candid opinions. We are a free people and must talk all we want when we want and how we want, provided we value the opinions of otheres. If free speech pinches your nerves, then the tiny village of Kannili is a healthy place for you to settle as the most righteous man where there will be zero percent opposition to your sacred thoughts.