GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ginny Quick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2007 21:06:16 -0400
Greetings all, I am beta testing (and anyone can do this), a software program called System Acces to Go, basically, the way it works is you go to www.satogo.com, click begin, click run when the dialog pops up, and you basically get screen reader access anywhere on any computer running, I think from Windows XP on up, including vista.  Now, I think you have to have an account (which I think for now is free because they want as many people to test this as possible), and I think this would be wonderful for people in The Gambia, for example, who are blind and/or visually impaired and need or want computer access.  i.e., in the Cyber/Internet cafes, etc.

Anyway, they are encouraging international users to try this product becuase they believe in "accessibility anywhere".  So, I'm asking that if anyone of you know someone who is blind or visually impaired, or who could other wise benefit from this software to please check it out.  You can also go to the main site at www.serotek.com for further info.

I amprimarily a Jaws for Windows user, however I use System Access when I'm on another computer and don't want to install Jaws or can't install Jaws for some reason.  At any rate.  In order not to bug the list with information that most may not want, I'm asking that anyone with questions please email me off list.

I am a strong advocate for accessibility and the use of adaptive technology for the betterment of people's lives, and up until now, getting that technology to those who could not afford the high prices of most forms of adaptive technology was, well, a pretty tall order.  Serotek and System Access, I feel, have gone far to breaking down the barriers that many blind and visually impaired people face, not only to accessibility to *any* computer, but also in the affordability department.  At any rate, I just wanted to let you guys know this an dlet you know that I feel that this program and company could be an asset to many.

Ginny

Visit my blog at:  http://www.ginnysthoughts.com/

If you want to V-Me (call me) click here:
https://v-me.vonage.com/quickgm32

If you are a Vonage customer you can set up your V-Me service by clicking here:
https://v-me.vonage.com/