GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 09:00:39 EDT
In a message dated 8/28/2001 12:21:51 PM Central Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

>  If all members of the Opposition parties agree upon this basic
> premise, then all effort should be made to facilitate this process by
> focussing on what really matters; the removal of the APRC from Gambian
> politics forever.

Yus,
I am glad you agree that this is what is important, and i am saying that the
split in the opposition is reduing this chance, not enhancing it, and I  hope
you understand now.
Also, I did not live in Gambia during the entire Jawara regime, but i went
home every year, like clockwork, and it did not take one living there to see
the nepotism, corruption and special interest domination that was the order
of the day, so let us not be simplistic. Have you been living in Gambia
during the entire tenure of the Jammeh regime?

You are entitled to carry a torch for the Jawara regime if you like, and i am
entitled to