GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Landing Jatta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 20:49:49 -0700
All those Officers who had received order to kill the
students have squared with me that they are currently
experiencing serious nightmares of the shooting
incident. One of my closest friends have told me that
since after the shooting, he could not come to terms
with himself. And many other officers personally told
me that they are seriously considering to resign their
commission before the end of the year,if their
nightmares continues to persist; they would have no
other choice, but strongly lean towards resignation.

These are my fellow Officers who happened to be on
duty at the orders came from the top to shoot and kill
if student demonstration continues. I am one of those
lucky ones who happened to be of duty that day. I
really sympathize them.

Landing Jatta