GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jassey Conteh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jassey Conteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2006 08:02:06 -0400
Comrades:

This is to confirm that Sheriff Mustapha Dibba has been released without
any charges.  During a meeting with APRC representatives, majority
leader Baldeh, with support from many members, called for a
one-party state.  Mr. Dibba opposed this idea and called it undemocratic
and crazy.

Well, after their meeting, majority leader Baldeh, together with some of
his thugs in the House of Representatives visited Jammeh.  They said and
I quote: "Mr. President, Sheriff is not on your side."  This was when
Jammeh called for his arrest.

Truth is that Mr. Dibba was trying to defend democracy and rule of law.
We would have been harmed seriously if he(Mr. Dibba) had not say anthing.
It is now possbile for Mr. Baldeh to successfully introduce this bill in
the House.

I believe with all sincerity that Mr. Dibba has to join the opposition.  If
we love our country and want to see a democratic Gambia, we should
make friends with our enemies, especially at this critical moment in
our country's history.  Though politics is strange, one has to swallow
his or her pride for the benefit of democracy.

Naphiyo,
Comrade Jassey-Conteh

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい