GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Momodou S Sidibeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 2003 22:31:45 +0200
Mr. Omar Gaye,

You say all these things have been done on the Gambia-Post. That is all very well, but what has been the outcome? Not even a Constitution. The process matters just as much as the outcome.
On the other issue, I do not have any illusions that one being here and there carries with it some promise of goodness. Besides everyone can contribute just as much, depending largely on ones circumstances. I understand and accept the practical difficulties of running parallel debates on both lists. That is infact unhealthy. But it seems to me that you are missing the critical point: the question of invovlving the masses of diasporan Gambians who remain unwired, who constitute a greater democracy component than the rest of us,  and whose economic potential in raising funds must be considered. They simply need to be part of the decision-making process in this business.
I hope the internet does not generate the illusion that we are a community apart from Gambians not subscribing to either lists. That realisation should make it clear why it is unimportant for one to be at every Gambian crowd on the net.

Cheers,
Momodou  S Sidibeh

-----