GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
joe sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 14:16:56 GMT
Ous, thanks very much for seeing through Ebou's ignorance and arrogance.  I
have cautioned him several times of his tribalistic attitude and contempt
toward the Jolas.  Fellow Gambians have heard him use this and other terms
(Jola Syndrome etc.) against the Jolas before, and to my surprise kept
silent, leading me to believe that we silently agree with his
characterization of Jolas because of Yahya.  Like I told Ebou before,
following his thought process, if he is a Fula, stole from the Gambian
people, is it then ok to brand all Fulas a thief?  It is not just enough to
ignore ignorance, you have to discredit it when you see it.  Discrimination
against any group is discrimination to all groups, unless the all are not
interested in equity.  If we do not agree with group sin, why the silence?
We have to walk the talk and call it like it is.

On the issue of corruption and conspiracy to mortgage the Gambian people, I
find it amazing that Ebou still has his face stuck in the sand and not see
his similarities to Yahya.  He was the mule that transported the cash for
Yahya.  We know a thing or two about "Boy Boys" or "Metlangos", they are
greased to keep the wheel going?  So, now that we know Taiwan gave Yahya $5
million cash, what was your cut?  How many of such errands did you run?

On the issue of killings and tortures, Yahya was doing those things when you
were there.  You obviously did not stop them and you had knowledge of them
before or after the fact.  The question is, what was your role?  So, you
see, you may be away from Yahya today, but you were with him yesterday.  You
are good at telling us who Yahya is, but what we also want to know is, who
are you?

I know, as usual, you will try to maneuver your way through, without
addressing any of the issues raised.  But, my discussion is really with the
gambian community, for a word to the wise is sufficient.  Ous, thanks again
for pointing out the wrong.  We shall know and tell the truth, for it will
set us free.

Chi Jaama

Joe Sambou