GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lamin Jeng <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 11:53:39 -0400
Gambians in the Diaspora are agitating and organizing to restore the
integrity and respect our beloved country enjoyed in the not too distant
past.  If any one is to be blamed for tarnishing the country's image, it is
the APRC government itself.  They did it by themselves without help from
anybody.  The sad thing is that it will take decades to undo the havoc these
people have wreaked on us both at home and in the eyes of the international
community.

Mr.. Bojang wants us to believe that those who left after the 1994 coup are
responsible for actions against the APRC government.  Well, he will be
sorely disappointed to know that the credit belongs to a wide spectrum of
conscientious and peace-loving Gambians abroad.

The consensus is that we have watched our country slide down the slippery
slope of malfeasance and incompetence and we cannot take it any more.  We
have witnessed the steady erosion of the values we were raised to cherish --
hard work, honesty, veracity and quest to excel in whatever we do. Our duty
is to reverse this trend permanently and at any cost.

Gambians abroad have the wherewithal to influence events back home and have
set out to do so. It won't be long now.

Lamin Jeng