GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2007 04:29:40 EDT
I thought I'd share some definitions with you as we chart the waters into
Requiem for Gambia and some of the values of Democracy.

Knowledge: Knowledge is the Total body of information at the disposal of
human beings.

Some of the knowledge is in the open for all to see, smell, feel, hear, and
taste. I call that primary Knowledge. The remainder is a compound  mixture of
primary knowledge to be retrieved and rendered useful. There are  several
retrieval methods and I will share them with you with the hope that I do  not miss
any;

Life
Birthing
Nourishment
Information
Exploration
Death (or after-life depending on your dispensation)

It is widely accepted that humans, animals, and plants are given Life and  so
they themselves do not have control over who or what has life.

It is also widely accepted that Death is a progression of life and  therefore
is the continuation of Knowledge retrieval. Makes you wonder  why almost all
religions believe in some form of after-life, spirits, and  apparitions.
Suffice it to share that Death is not a terminal state of  being but a continuation
of the Knowledge Retrieval mechanisms, but a realm  which humans have not
fully fathomed yet or perhaps have not appreciated yet.  Plants have appreciated
the realm of animal and human death, Animals have  appreciated the realm of
plant and human death, and humans have appreciated the  realm of animal and
plant death in their own Life and sustenance. The only  area that seems perplexing
is the appreciation of our own deaths, and for  plants, their own deaths, and
likewise for animals their own deaths. It  could very well be that the Death
is meant for the dying and not the  living. In other words, perhaps the Dead
already appreciate their own death. It  is worfurther query. There will come a
time when humans, as well as  the other animals and plants will appreciate
their  own Deaths. However, for my purposes in this conversation series, that  is
not terribly significant.

Birthing is reserved for our female bretheren and species and I will allow
them to share with us the body of Knowledge contained there-in. What little I
know about birthing is how a baby is formed, sustained inside the womb,
gestation, and a little about the excruciating pain our females undergo in
birthing a baby. I cannot claim to know all for even with all the information  and
witnessing, there remains some knowledge that only the birth mother is privy  to
and it is unique to each birth mother.

Nourishment enables the Living to continue to Retrieve the body of  Knowledge
and perhaps one day, the knowledge of our own Deaths. It takes many  forms
for different people mainly dependent on geography and culture, but it is  safe
to share that whatever doesn't kill you when ingested is nourishment  enough.
Therefore, it is in ample enough supply that humans ordinarily do not  spend
much time on it. Frankly I think to our own peril. Well when the supply of
nourishment dwindles with the explosion in unsustainable population and reckless
industry and waste, we will begin to feed on each other for nourishment much
like our animal cousins when their supply of nourishment dwindles. It is
never  the first option for self-preservation reasons but it becomes an attractive
 prospect when other options disappear. Its good that we have the presence of
 mind to label them "precious" or list them as "In danger of extinction" and
devise ways to protect them. The same goes for plant species. By the way, I
don't know if you know this but some human colonies are now on the verge of
extinction, not necessarily because they consume themselves, but because their
capacity to reproduce has been overwhelmed by their exposure to death. That
is a  bit complicated and not necessary here. If you are interested however,
visit  your local library or travel to remote human habitations to include the
forest  indians in Brazil, Papua New Guinea, the Kalahari, and some species of
humans at  either pole.

We are now left with Information and Exploration. I must admit here that
Exploration actually should come under Information and ought not stand alone.
The reason I was tempted to list it separately was because of the unique quality
 of displacement from your own culture to explore outer bounds. However, upon
 reflection, the displacement attribute itself is Informational. Therefore
our  list only contains Five (5) modes of Retrieval of Knowledge and I will
restate them here for convenience sakes:

Life
Birthing
Nourishment
Information
Death or After-Life

And I will share some thoughts on Information therefore next time we meet.
Meanwhile, if there is anything you can add to these conversations, please do
not hesitate to do so. It will be much appreciated.

Haruna MQDT Darbo. Masoud walmutawakkil. Don't worry, be  happe'.