GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ginny Quick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Aug 2005 12:13:24 -0500
Hello, all, there is a site which I've recently subscribed to called
www.bookshare.org.  The site makes available books to the blind and
visually impaired, as well as people with other disabilities which
make reading standard print material difficult.

     What I'd like to know is if Baba Galleh Jallow and any other
authors would be interested in making their books / material available
on that site?  If the issue of copyright is a concern, they do address
this, though I need to go to the site and read the section dealing
with authors in order to see just how they do that.

     All I know is that this site is not only beneficial to myself but
others as well.  It's definitely worth the $50 yearly subscription fee
to access it.

     I think they also put college textbooks on the site, too.  I
haven't quite figured out what all is on there anyway, I just
subscribed to it this past weekend.

     Anyway, if anyone wants anymore info just let me know.

Ginny

--
Visit my blog at: http://GinnysThoughts.blogspot.com/

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい