GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 14:58:35 -0400
As we speak/write Tombong is breaking our electoral laws by allowing Yaya
unimpeded campaign time when the campaign period has officially ended. The
sycophant is helping Yaya monopolize the airwaves with APRC propaganda at
the expense of the Opposition. Gambian taxpayers are paying the salaries of
the vermin and all he does is unashamedly help perpetuate a child murderer.
GRST today is replete with news about Yaya making ridiculous and empty
promises he knows he CANNOT and will NOT deliver on. The moron was given
seven years – or should we say he stole power for seven years – to do the
things he is promising now. Instead of working hard to lift our people up,
the moron was busy stealing our meager resources and opening Swiss Bank
accounts. People do NOT believe his empty promises.

No matter how many times Tombong repeats them, a LIE is always a LIE. But
having said that, the IEC should NOT sit by and watch Tombong break the
electoral laws willy-nilly. What is more newsworthy than the cold-blooded
murder of an Alliance supporter by Yaya’s security guards? This is headline
news for the BBC Africa Service. But Tombong would rather run a bogus press
release from the Police whining about Yaya’s convoy (on Monday) than tell
the people that Yaya’s men murdered an unarmed Gambian yesterday. Tombong
would rather spread LIES and FALSE promises from Yaya than report that as we
speak APRC bandits passing as cabinet ministers are busy torching government
buildings to cover up their crimes.

From the get go the Opposition all along knew that Tombong is a slave and
will NOT be fair in this election. He has NEVER passed to G_L news favorable
to the Alliance, whereas he is always peddling LIES here to make Yaya look
good. He has a dog in this fight. No sane Opposition stalwart expected much
from Tombong. But that is one thing. It is a totally different thing for IEC
to sit by and watch the vermin violate our laws. Gabriel Roberts has to pull
the plug on Tombong. The vermin has to be leashed. Today and tomorrow,
Gabriel Roberts should be held responsible for the MISINFORMATION Tombong is
feeding the Gambian electorate.

The Police press release and Tombong’s irrational rattling yesterday about
the encounter between Yaya’s convoy and the Alliance supporters on Monday,
will by no means serve as justification for the butchering of an Alliance
supporter by Yaya’s guards. This should just convince Opposition supporters
to be extra VIGILANT. We should NOT put our fate into the hands of the
Police and the IEC. We have to be on their backs constantly. Yaya is
FINISHED and he knows it. Again, the Opposition need to be in those convoys
transporting the ballots tomorrow and none of the Casamance citizens should
be allowed to vote in our elections.
KB