GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Alhassan Sisay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Nov 2005 22:34:03 -0800
                  Anyone who has been exposed to the American dream will not and should be surprised by hearing a Gambian dream.This is the time that The Gambian dream should be coloured and perfumed.The end of dictatorial regimes means a lot of arrests,killings and other social obstacles.These were the same waves many freedom fighters swam against from Mindanoa trench to Mount Everest. Today we are witnessing the same episode in The Gambia. Liberation!!
  The following names and services are what we are dreaming about.

  JULY 22nd SQUARE
  We will name it-LIBERATION SQUARE!

  KANILAI ZOO.
  We will name it-NEVER AGAIN PARK.

  STATE HOUSE.
  We will name it-NATIONAL HOUSE.

  OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT.
  We will name it-CITIZENS' CENTER.

  KANILAI FERRY
  We will name it-CAMBI BOLONGO CARRIER.

  NIA-NATIONAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY.
  We will name it-CSS-CITIZENS' SECRET SERVICES.

  GAMBIA POLICE FORCE.
  We will name it-TGP-THE GAMBIA POLICE.

  GAMBIA NATIONAL ARMY.
  We will name it-GA-GAMBIA ARMY.

  THE GAMBIA FIRE SERVICE.
  We will name it-DORS DEPARTMENT OF RESCUE AND SAFETY

  DOS DEPARTMENT  OF STATE.
  We will name it- MOS-MINISTRY OF STATE.

  All streets and localities that were ridiculed by Yaya's regime with crazy names will be named after people like Deyda Hydara,the 13 kids who killed in April 2000,Journalist Omar Barrow and others who were killed or suffered under Yaya Jammeh's evil claws.

  All police vehicles will be painted with black and white stripes.
  All army officers will be given the chance to learn computer skills,engineering,architecure and the like during and after training.
  All teachers will have access to loans and other resources.
  All hospitals and hospital staff will have access to more resources relating to their job.
  All women and children will be given extra advantage and be protected by laws governing minorities or the "vulnerable"
  All children will have access to SOS numbers(report harassment and the like to the Gambia Police)Will also enjoy other resources like recreations at reserved parks etc.
  All municipalities will be expected to operate independently ie not be dependent on the central governement per se.
  All farmers will have agricultural banks and the sales of peanuts will be handled by private buyers.
  All parastatals will be run by professionals who will be answerable directly to parliament.
  All secretaries of state shall be proposed for appointment by the president then be finally approved by parliament.
  The central government will be handled directly by a prime minister.
  The salary of the president and any other government official shall be determined by the accountant general's office in conjunction with the public accounts committee at parliament.
  No "Mbindaan" or house maid shall be employed without the employer reporting such a contractual agreement to the labour union.
  Employment authorisation cards shall be established with certain criteria to be set by the judiciary,legislature and the executive.
  The Judiciary shall be totally independent.
  We will cotninue interpreting The Gambian dream another day!

  TIMBUKTU

  Yahoo! Music Unlimited