GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sanusi Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 09:35:04 +0100
Comrade Momodou Lamin Jasseh-Conteh

I would have agreed with you IF Waa Juwara had made
these serious allegations at the right place and at
the right time. Waa Juwara made use of an APRC press
machine-Daily Observer, in order to litter his
"gabbage" about the UDP. Waa being a seasoned
politician, should have weighed its options before
going on an onslaught against a political party that
has fought hard to unseat the incumbent.

I have gone through all the newspaper reporting on
Waa's allegation against UDP,, it would appear that
most of these allegations do not make sense to someone
like me who had so much  RESPECT for a person like Waa
Juwara. If Waa believes UDP under Darboe means doom,
then surely he is party to it. As a national
organising secretary, one would have expected him to
do MORE for the party in ensuring that we never lost
the Presidential Elections.

As you stated; " I declare today that I stand with
Lamin Waa Juwara  for speaking out.  I am
> willing to reach out to an uncorruptible Gambian."

Well that is your prerogative and I wish him best of
luck in his latest moves to form a political party. As
a sympathiser of the UDP, the time has now come for
the UDP to learn from this situation and work hard
towards ensuring that never again will we see a NEC
member trying to bring the party into disrepute.

Long Live UDP

Long Live The Gambian People.

Long Live Democracy Peace and Justice.

Have a wonderful day