GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 09:48:48 -0400
Just as I predicted yesterday based on the crowd that followed PRESIDENT
DARBOE from Pirang to Banjul, the Alliance will enter the city with a bang.
And YES INDEED. Yaya is FINISHED. Two more days of tyranny, corruption,
murder, mayhem, mediocrity, and we are FREE.

No matter what amount of garbage Yaya and his cohorts throw here, the
bottom-line is that the vermin has been REPUDIATED by the Gambian people.
Waking up and smelling the coffee, the low-lives want nothing but bring
turmoil into the country. But we will NOT let them. What happened yesterday
is a clear illustration of whose side the Gambian people are on. Yaya and
his security forces came face to face with the GAMBIAN PEOPLE and they
blinked first. The good people in the army have deserted the Dictator. Yaya
and his cohorts were being served notice yesterday. There is absolutely no
way Yaya is going to steal this election.

Shameless sycophants like Tombong can dream all they want and throw all
sorts of tantrums. When it is all said and done, the IEC is going to
announce that Ousainou Darboe is the next President of The Gambia. Why? Even
journalist (like Hassan Hanuni) that just arrived in the country realized
that the people have REPUDIATED Yaya. Tombong ought to be ashamed of himself
peddling such garbage disgracing the whole country in front of BBC
journalists and the whole world. How can Gambia ever recover from the shame
these vermin brought onto us?

The BBC journalist said that before he came to Banjul he was of the
impression that Yaya was going to win the election. But now that he is in
Banjul and seeing first hand how the Gambian people (especially the youths)
have REPUDIATED Yaya, the journalist is no longer convinced that Yaya is
going to win. But do we need a foreign journalist to come to the country and
tell us this? A simple phone call to Gambia by someone that is NOT burying
his/her in the sand, would tell us this. Reading independent Gambian
newspapers (Observer excluded) would tell us this. But like they say: ‘you
can take the horse to the water, but you can never force it to drink’.
Mental midgets and sycophants like Tombong are in Banjul and they refuse to
see the writing on the wall. Therefore no one should blame people in the
Diaspora that still think that Yaya is going to win. Yaya is FINISHED.

People like Gabriel Roberts should also see the writing on the wall. But no.
The coward would sacrifice himself for Yaya. But Gabriel Roberts better be
warned about the determination of the Gambian people this time around. There
is no way we will allow Yaya to steal the elections. Reports reaching us
that Gabriel Roberts said that anybody with a voter’s card would be allowed
to vote EVEN IF THEY ARE NOT ON THE VOTER REGISTERS, need to be clarified.
Under no circumstances should the Opposition agree to this latest
shenanigan. Gabriel Roberts should be asked to explain this statement that
is attributed to him.

Under our laws only voters that present a voter’s card AND are on the rolls
would be allowed to vote. We should NOT allow one single ineligible person
to vote. While the Opposition was up country trying to convince Gambians to
vote for President Darboe, APRC were busy giving voter’s cards to ineligible
voters (way past the Registration deadline). So, we now have people with
voter’s cards that are NOT on the rolls. If Gabriel Roberts want these
people to vote, we should have none of that. I respectfully urge the
Alliance NOT to treat these elections as ordinary elections whereby after
the elections you can challenge some blatant illegality. Forget court
challenges under Yaya’s Dictatorship. We all know that he has emaciated the
judiciary. The challenges against ineligible voters before the magistrate
courts are a case in point. Baabaa Jobe cronies sitting as magistrates were
refusing to remove ineligible APRC supporters from the rolls. So, armed with
that bitter experience, the Opposition should NOT allow a repeat. There and
then when people come to vote, if they are NOT on the rolls, and IEC
representatives are NOT preventing them from voting, Opposition
representatives should prevent those ineligible voters from voting, BY ANY
MEANS NECESSARY. We must take our fate into our own hands. Left to Gabriel
Roberts and Yaya, they would rather plunge the country into turmoil than
concede the inevitable defeat that will be dealt Yaya come Thursday. Gabriel
Roberts should be watched. Yaya is FINISHED.
KB