GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Katim S. Touray" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 17:15:25 -0700
Hi folks,

Would someone please tell President Jammeh to stop insulting our
intelligence by pretending piousness.  I mean, why should the leader of a
secular nation like The Gambia begin and end his address to the nation by
openly siding with one religion, namely, Islam?  What would have been the
reaction, I wonder, if he had preceeded his remarks with:  "In the name of
Jesus Christ our Lord and savior?"  Furthermore, what message is the
President sending to the bereaved Christians? Must Calisco Prera (one the
victims of the killings) be committed to Allah's care, even if he was
Christian? I ask these questions because they need to be, and I suspect
would not be by a lot of people.

Best wishes.

Katim