GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 22:26:13 EST
When the new phone system for Gamtel was first established, the reception
was excellent, and one got connected so quickly that it seemed you were just
calling another state here in the U.S If Gamtel is still using  one of the
big three as their major carrier ( ATT, MCI or U.S Sprint) then I do not see
how the service could have deteriorated like it has. Is it possible that
Gamtel has switched to some of the smaller independent carriers to save money
 or for other reasons?

Jabou Joh

In a message dated 1/19/01 9:48:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,