GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
1Cool Dude <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jul 2000 10:49:21 GMT
Karl,
I see you've used your hammer well this time,buddy. Listen, it really
doesn't take a rocket-scientist to realise how moronic these puppets
are. I still recall this Sedat Jobe's comments in the midst of the
student massacre. When asked by a BBC correspondent about his thoughts
on this tragic incident,he('DOCTOR' Sedat Jobe) blamed the students for
causing the riot, and in his own words "breaking into supermarkets,
vandalizing public properties and showing total disregard to law
enforcement".

What really irks my intelligence was how blind-folded this man was on
the real concern here, which was innocent students are been murdered in
cold-blood for simply demanding their alienable rights , and there he
was meandering repetitiously into trivial lost of government properties.

His arrogance/ignorance did not stop there and he went on to say that
these students parents obviously did not do a good job raising their
kids because good kids don't condone to these types of activities. This
was when I said who is this inconsiderate slimeball?! I mean this guy
didn't seem to have the slightest drop of conscience in his blood. You
really should have heard his tone of voice. (I believe I still have that
recording from ' BBC's Focus On Africa' saved on my HDD in RealAudio Format,
if some of you are interested).

While innocent students are been massacred in the streets of Banjul,
this self-acclaimed 'Dr.'is worried about Titus sardines and Uncle Ben's
rice been looted from a supermarket and not to mention those run-down
'cring-ting' government buildings. These are material things we
all know that can be replaced. Now Doc(Mr Jobe), you should know very
well that,unfortunately, the lives of these innocent children cannot be
replaced ,thus, the  use of deadly force should never have been an
option. What if one of the victims was your son or daughter? We all know
your reaction would have been completely different.

It makes me wonder sometimes what planet you people came from, it
really does. Not only should this guy have his doctorate revoked but
granted persona non grata in The Gambia. The gambians we know don't
commit such heinous crimes against their very own people. I mean for
what? A job as a Minister of Foreign Affairs? Come on Doc, how low can any
decent human being stoop! For whatever it may be,it's simply beyond
imagination.

                                           May Allah(SWT) Help Us All,
                                           Mr Makavli.