GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 20:49:51 +0000
Mo, thanks for the advise.  As you recalled, I volunteered a week after Waa
was held and did not hear word about a fund for his release from any
individual or group.  I also did talk to NDAM about the current collection
effort and they are in support of it, which I alluded to in my response to
George Sarr.

On Dave's volunteering, he had sent me a private mail asking whether he
should send me his and his brothers contributions or send it to Gambia when
we release the funds.  I suggested that he hold it and I further asked if he
can collect funds from the UK and the EU.  Thus, he volunteered and that is
where we are.  Mo, the last thing I need is collect funds for I have stuff
to my head and folks in Chicago can tell you how often they see me aside
from monthly meetings.  However, I cannot sit and wait for the unknown when
we needed to do the right thing - raise funds to help Waa and his family.
Waa may need to be bailed any day and we need to have that money when that
time comes.  If you knew of NDAM's plans then please advise me, for up to
the time I last corresponded with them, this morning, no such plans were
indicated to me.  It is also not too late for NDAM to pick up from here.
The important thing to me is to raise the funds, whether by you, myself, or
NDAM.  I hope NDAM can join this discussion so there are no
misunderstandings.  So, for the record, will NDAM please tell the readership
on the post and L what their plans are or where.  NDAM can also name a
person I can send the funds already collected and direct future contributors
to.  This is all done in good faith and thanks for your counsel.

Chi Jaama

Joe Sambou