GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Aug 2007 16:26:28 EDT
Indeed Galleh,

This seems a novel idea for Africans who aspire to democratic governance and
its attendant yields, but it is the intrinsic value for the introduction of
democracy among peoples of developing nations. It provides the link between
yearning and acceptance. Your advice of self-imposed terms of leadership is more
valuable than any referendum of such in Gambia and for any other developing
nation.

The assurance of distribution of power, authority, and pursuit of other
ingenuity in the administration of the lives of a people is the most powerful
exhibition of democracy's inherent values. This propagates to more areas of life
and certainteed in appreciating democracy's yield.

I am looking forward to the day that ex-President Sir Dawda establishes a
foundation to enhance his regard for Democracy in Gambia. I will be the first to
support such a grand gesture and participate in whatever capacity possible. I
will certainly share the vision of The Global Democracy Project with him and
solicit his grace in that endeavour. Together, we can possibly connect the dots
and Democracy can again flourish in Gambia.

Thanx Bambalaye for sharing. Haroun Rashid.