GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sal Barry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 09:14:02 PDT
Mr. Ambassador,

some of our colleagues on this L posed some very important questions
to you a week ago. I am yet to read a response to those questions. I
have read over 4 emails today, and none remotely touched on the very
important questions. I will attempt to explain to you what happened in the
Gambia April 10th and 11th, 2000. I am sure you know full well what
happened, but is to close the ignorance loophole.

Security forces under the command of the administration you represent
opened fire with live amunition on UNARMED students who were exercising
their God given right to demonstrate and seek justice for their fellow
students. The number of students killed in this unfortunate incident are
believed to be more than the 14 the gov't claimed.

I am yet to hear(read) you register you outrage over this incident.
Instead your are online peddling rhetoric and feeding the L garbage. You
have REALLY underestimated G-L members. Your attitude is consistent with
Jammeh supporters we have seen over the last 4 years on the L. Support
Jammeh all you want, but what do you have to say about the Student killings,
the crude oil saga, Korro Ceesay(RIP), Hydara, and the statements made by
the administration after the April incident.

You have  completely failed to refute Ebou Colley's story of what
happened in G-BISSAU. Infact, you launched a personal attack on the
poor guy and treatened to dish out dirt on him. Before you do that,
(not that we will believe you)think about the Devils you work for.

Save the postings you get. you WILL need it to file for assylum very
soon. I hope you do not find something treatening your life in the email.
This is an attempt to take you on your word- respectful and
substantive communication.

Sal Barry