GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 18:44:19 EST
In a message dated 11/8/99 3:42:13 PM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< i really do think it was really nice of president jammeh to help out that
 poor girl. folks we should try and come up with ideas on how to help our
 brothers and sisters back home who are in need cause there are a lot of
 talented youths who don't have the opportunity to further their education
 because of financial difficulties.  it was also nice of abdoulie to post
 this on the l cause some people just look at the negative side of president
 jammeh and ignore the positive ones.please, lets try and work together to
 make the gambia a better nation. arguing over unnecessary stuff won't solve
 the problem. we should always remember that no one is perfect.

*********************
Miss Loum,

Infact, we have an organization called the Gambia Education Support
Organization that was formed after much discussion on this very issue you
raise here, namely the need to do what we can to contribute to the education
of our youth. We will be glad to send you a copy of the organizational
document if you want to join us. .We just sponsored our first four high
school students for school fess and books.
The inviatation is also open to one and all who share the concern, so please
consider joining. Thanks.

Jabou Joh