GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dave Manneh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 19:31:51 +0100
Mr Coker,
            I think your clarification of who the author of the email to me would have been enough.
I still have my faculties intact, after all.  The argument of me not being Irish was not important
and also very unfair and short-sighted.

Am sure there are many non Black folks, who dislike to hear Black people like us being called
the N word. Maybe one can argue too, that, as they are not Black they should not be offended.
You might be interested to know that it was the author's hypocrisy that I found equally, if not more
offensive.

As I said, you have clarified the situation, and it would have been better to just stop there, instead of
trying to justify why I should or should not have been offended being called "paddy". Our sensitivities as
people are diverse, am sure you can appreciate that. I hate the Irish being called Paddies, just I hate me
being called a Nigger.

Lets forget about this unfortunate event and move on.
I accept your apologies and in return I offer my unreserved apologies.

All the best
Manneh

"Injustice anywhere, is a threat to justice everywhere" (someone always signs off his/her
contributions on the list with this very important saying).