GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mr Makaveli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 17:49:58 -0600
Matarr,
    You have my total support on this venture and as you mentioned, with
relentless pursuit and perseverance, this is a mission possible. This is
a good start and it humbles me to be a part of what is conceiveably a history in the making for the Gambian people as a whole. We all need to be involved one form or the other. The possibilities are not far-fetched and as long as we are armed with good intentions, anything is possible. We owe to ourselves to be able to vote no matter where you are on this planet. The ONLY requirement here should be based on national origin. Not whether you're in the Gambia or not. We have nothing lose here but everything to
gain. The only  difference between winning & losing lies in our collective efforts. Failure is NOT a sin, Low Aim is .

                                    Best Wishes & Happy Tobaski To All
                                     George Sarr

Hello Fellow Lers!
>   Please excuse my tardy response to the proposal to enable
>Gambians in Diaspora to vote in the forthcoming elections.
>I applaud your genuine interest to become part of this venture.
>  I do not have all the facts, processes and contacts to initiate
>this process. I am confident if the task is taken up for debate
>on the list, we will undoubtedly come to a reasonable solution, that
>will satisfy all parties involved.
>   Active participation is going to be required to solicit interest and
>mobilize people to go and vote. This is where your contributions are going
>to be indispensable.
>    As we move forward to free our nation from poor government and injustice
>we must all come together and make our voice heard.
>    George Sarr has an excellent site which I think can be use to facilitate
>discourse
>on the issue and to setup virtual meetings during the period. This of course
>is a suggestions and doesn't mean George has to do so.
>     In conclusion I want to thank you for your response and awaits your
>suggestions.
>what we can do meanwhile is to continue to perform inquiry on the feasibility
>of the proposal. I will send more information as they become available.
>Thank you.
>Sincerely,
>Matarr Sajaw.

>keep pressing on.

Gambiansonline ..Design With The Gambian People In Mind.
To join our Mailling List goto  http://www.gambiansonline.com
Don't forget to join our Chatrooms.