GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
adama kah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 08:33:48 PDT
This is a great event. Ambassador Grey-Johnson has done an exemplary job
under the circumstances under which he had to operate.  He went to great
lengths to get the Gambian community involved.  It is also my understanding
that he went to great lengths to objectively locate business contacts for
Gambian business persons, which is certainly not the norm when it comes to
our diplomats.  The few times I spoke to him he's been very accessible. By
the way, do Gambians leaving in the USA have any say as to who represents us
here? If so, I (as well as a significant number of Gambians I know) without
hesitation would rather have him represent us (not to say that anyone sent
to replace him may not be competent).

On a different note, it would have been nice to have information about this
reception well ahead of time to make sure Ambassador Grey-Johnson is
appropriately honored.  Due to scheduling conflicts, I hope I'll be able to
make it.