GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Momodou Camara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 14:51:43 +0200
Dear Katim & Gambia-L:

It is with pleasure, that I accept the nomination taking the over the
leading role of running Gambia-L. I respect Katim's decision and
also join others in thanking him for the service rendered and my
admiration for his patience in handling many difficult situations.

At the moment, transferring the Gambia-L management to me does
not in any way change the rules, regulations and operation of the
forum -- we would inform you in the event that occurs.  Our current
list managers: Katim Touray, Sister Sarian Loum (the only female
list manager), Malanding Jaiteh, Amadou Scattered Janneh and
Anthony Loum are still fully functional in their roles as List
Managers.  My role as the contact person responsible for the list
does not change the fact that we have a collective leadership.

It had been discussed and agreed by the list managers that we
need to add females to the List of Managers.
I, extended invitations to sisters Ndey Jobarteh, Awa Sey, and
Soffie Ceesay.  I strongly believe that they will be quite an asset in
running the day to day operations of the List.  All three have
accepted my invitation, and please join me in welcoming them to
the list of Gambia-L Managers.

I would also like to urge everyone to please help in making the
future of Gambia-L brighter, and keep in mind that the purpose of
this forum is to share information that will benefit all who visit our L.
People who have been on the list longer would agree that Gambia-L
used to be a place where different "camps" would engage in
heated, but mature discussions.

This only reinforces the fact that Gambia-L is NOT an anti-Yaya
Jammeh forum, but a Bantaba where Gambians and friends of
Gambia meet on a daily basis to discuss ideas and interests that
are very diverse; and a place where people discuss issues that we
may agree/disagree on, but continue to coexist as a community.
Just like your typical Bantaba in Gambia.

I would like us to try and recreate that atmosphere once again.
Also, please do not hesitate to contact me or any of the list
managers in the event you have concerns about the conduct of a
fellow list member, or dissatisfaction with the way we are
administering the List, etc.

Have a great day everyone.

Regards,
Momodou Camara