GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Oct 2005 21:31:00 +0000
Baba, thanks for this forward.  I just read his report on the point and was
saying to myself, whomever said this will be paid a visit sooner or later,
especially with the quotes ascribed to President Mbeki.  How can three thugs
come from nowhere and ask you to go with them, whether you like it or not?
How?  This is a common and accepted practice in the Gambia and it is only
the people that can stop it.  I don't know what they did to your reporter,
but most that they wisk away are not that lucky, and without bruises.  This
is going to get worse as we approach the 2006 Presidential elections.  The
day one of these thugs go to abuse someone and they loose a life or two in
the process, that will be the day they see how their abuses affect the
people.  As long as they are walking on the people easily, they shall
continue to whisk any of us.

Chi Jaama

Joe