GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"B.M.Jones" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 18:28:49 +0000
It is with a heavy heart that I extend my condolence and
sympathy to Pa Gaye's family. This is really a shocking
news. Only God knows best. Pa was my head boy in 1977 and
mentor in school. Three educated and dynamic Gambians from
the class of 76/77 have been prematurely taken from us.
First it was Baboucarr Cham, then Ebou Jobarteh and now Pa
Gaye. May God grant them eternal rest.

As Sam said, we are in this life only for a time and we
need to thank God for his daily mercies. The only
certainty in life is death. Political infights, hatred,
nepotism, are just not worth it. We came into this world
with nothing and when we leave we take nothing. Let us hope
that when our time comes we will be remembered for our good
deeds just like out departed brother and friend Pa Gaye.