GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 09:16:37 EDT
In a message dated 8/30/01 5:12:41 AM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> I have so much admiration
> for this man-Jassey Conteh, as he has always been
> advocating for a united opposition. I salute him for
> his couarge, my only problem is his failure to assess
> between Darboe and Dibba who has a better chance of
> unseating Jammeh.
>
> In the interest of VICTORY for the opposition in
> October 2001, I shall declare a "unilateral ceasefire"
> against Comrade Jassey-Conteh and others.
>
> Come October 2001, Gambia must be free as Yahya must
> go.
>

> Have a nice day
>
> Sanusi

Sanusi,

It is not a matter of whether Darboe or Dibba has a better chance o unseating
Jammeh, it is that one united oppisition would have assured an even stronger
chance of accomplishing this feat. This is the issue as far as i am concerned
at least, and my criticism is that the ay this was handled lessons the
possibility of this victory over Jammeh and  I think everyone already knows
where I think the balme lies. At any rate, let us hope for a defeat of the
APRC, but please understand that the seeds of disharmony were sown by some
hasty decisions that leave much to be desired.
Let us move on and pray that the strategysing has not cost us freedom from
the dictator.

Jabou Joh