GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ebrima ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 11:00:38 PST
Lamin Trawally,

I have read your piece on Dr Saine's proposals to Mr Jammeh, and while
recognising the fact that you are entitled to your opinion, I must,
notwithstanding, express serious reservations on/about your choice of words
such as "hypocritical" undertakings, "so called" proposals, "abominable"
behaviour etc.

Anyway, I am very busy right now, of course, monitoring events in the
Gambia, but I'll definitely take issue with you, on this one, once things
are calm down in the Banjul.

Gambia L, I must say that Lamin Trawally and I are very good neighbours in
Birmingham; and, since he moved here, from Denmark, to do a Political
Science degree at the University of Central England, he and I have always
had very enlightening and useful political discussions most of the time.

But, on this occasion, I'll have to take issue with him, as soon as
possible. As I stated earlier, right now, I am more concerned about events
unfolding in the Gambia.

A short while ago, I called the Gambia and was told that the Jammeh
Government had just issued a statement on the TV, advising Gambians to stay
indoors, as there were renewed shootings involving the soldiers, going on in
Banjul. I hope Tombong would send us, as soon possible, the latest
government statement.

Ebrima Ceesay
Birmingham, UK.