GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jamila Allston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 12:52:43 -0800
Dear Fellow GL's

    I would like to extend my congratulations for a job well done in
convincing President Beckley to withdraw the invitation of Touray and
Tombong to Rust College.  What I find to be disturbing is that African
American students who probably had good intentions chosed to invite
these men at all.  It only proves that there is much that needs to be
done to properly educate African American youth and students to the
political realities facing Africa.  That is why it is even more
important that continuing dialogue and positive relationships are
cultivated and further developed between our brothers and sisters born
in the United States and those born on the continent.  It is through
these inceased understandings that tragic mistakes such as this made by
the National African American Students Leadership Conference and
possibly other African American student organizations cease to take
place.

   Again congratulations on a job well done.  And to all a wish that
this is indeed a most productive year for us all and for the ultimate
removal of The Gambia from the Forces of Tyranny!

                             Jamila

=== message truncated ===