GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 4 Feb 2006 10:11:12 EST

In a message dated 2/3/2006 9:23:46 P.M. Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

"I'd love to think that the opposition, in one form or another, will be  able
to oust Jammeh in 2006, but my hopes are increasingly fading on that.   You
have a guy, Jammeh, who has all the state resources at his disposal, he has
the mechanisms to either bribe people or intimidate them into voting for him,
and you have an opposition who can't seem to put their differences behind them
long enough to pick a flag-bearer, present a truly unified front, and start
campaigning for the 2006 elections.  And what's worse, you seem to also  have
people behind the scenes trying to manipulate the process, so the outcome
will be one that they desire.

    So let's just say the APRC is defeated in 2006, if NADD  wins are they
going to ban the UDP, for Darbo's act of dissing them in early  2006, when he
left the coalition?  Or, if UDP wins, are they going to ban  NADD?  How do we
know that if any of the opposition wins, that they are not  going to turn out to
be just as bad as Jammeh?  How can we really trust  that the people we, or I
should say, Gambians are supporting, are not going to  be just as bad as
Jammeh?

The thing that keeps bringing me back, though, time and time again, is the
knowledge that there is a so-called President come Dictator, occupying State
House in The Gambia, and he is destroying The Gambia, and it is that fact that
I  can't turn away from."

Ginny,

IT COULD NOT HAVE BEEN PUT IN BETTER WORDS.
Jabou Joh

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい