GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Omar Drammeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 23:14:35 +0200
Hei Guys,

Chelsea`s foreign legion has gotten closer to a semi- final stage having just finished trashing Barcelona 3-1. The Norwegian striker Flo finished in grand style, and Zola`s free kick was an exact replica of Platini`s in his days. The Barcelona of last week-end that humiliated Valencia and that of today were really two different sides. Chelsea have a big game in their hands though at Nou camp, and Barcelona`s single goal might be very crucial here

Coach, is this Ali Samaba Ali koro Samba, brother of Bai Omar Samba? He also played for Wallidan and the Junior squad. Joe Sambou didn`t you play together with Ali Koro in the junior squad?

Jon Alieu Carew, the half Gambian half-Norwegian striker is off to Valencia after a record Norwegian transfer. He cost them Kr 75 million ( Norwegian kroners). Ousman Nyan, Alagie Nyan`s son was almost gone to Greek football, but it failed because of an injury he was nursing. Another boy to watch out for is Boy Kah. Yes son of the very EK. Boy has turned 18, and is playing for the first division side Vålerenga. Like father like son.

Yus, a Senegalese brother Mamadou Diallo who was playing here for the past seasons has just moved to Tampa Bay, and I`m just curious as to how he is doing in the MLS. The MLS dont get coverage here. Do you know anything about him?

Regards,
Omar.

Coach I met Alagie Talla on tobaski day and he asked me to extend his regards.