GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yusupha Darboe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 03:55:57 +0000
I don't know what is presently taking place on the ground between the three
main opposition parties of UDP, NRP and PDOIS; and, the leaders of the
former politicians who have resently been unbanned to participate in the
forthcoming general elections slated for October this year. Whatever these
parties are working on to prepare themselves for elections in October, my
advise to the leaders of these parties is to put aside any differences in
their parties' political ideologies, and only try to hold all necessary
consultations among themselves as quickly as they can to unify their
parties, and choose whoever among their party leaders to lead the coalition
in October. The time for having all these parties here and there to contest
this particular elections in the Gambia is of no remedy to this present
situation, as this elections is a test for Gambians to choose to stay in
another years of oppression or get back their freedom that they used to
enjoy before. The time has come for every truthful and patriotic Gambian in
and outside of the country to come together and fight this illegal and
barbaric regim of Yahya Jammeh and the APRC, and oust them from power no
later than the day elections are held. Gambians have no time to waste again
after suffering from tyranny for seven good years now. This election in
October is the most crucial elections for Gambians, and we MUST never let
this most oppotune moment to slip through our fingers. We MUST stand
together and salvage our once peaceful country from this ugly situation.
There MUST be no pre-conditions whatsoever from any leader of the
oppositions for coalition. Egoism has no place in Gambian politics now. We
have seen enough of those type of people, like Yahya Jammeh. Gambians have a
common objective, and that is to eject and get rid of these cowards and live
in peace. History would indict any leader of opposition who fails to come to
term to make this coalition possible. Remember any person is better than
Yahya Jammeh and his cohorts. So anyone in the opposition is a better choice
than Yahya Jammeh.

Defensiveless citizens of the Gambia, ranging from our children, elders,
women, to religious leaders are every day being victimized by these
nonentities. Anytime he (Yahya Jammeh) opens his big-dingy mouth he would
have nothing to say, but only to insult our elders. What a disrespect this
lunatic is showing towards our elders. How many people have been killed,
tortured, detained, harrassed, or molested by these idiots since they
forcifully imposed themselves on the Gambian folks, only to come up with
false claims that people want to jeopardize the stability in the country.
What the hell on earth is this type of ruling. Being in your house and yet
you don't have your peace of mind. This kind of situation MUST never be
allowed to continue in the Gambia any more longer, and Gambians WILL never
again let anybody to even try it. SHIT!