GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Drammeh Sahir (Bonnierförlagen IT) <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 08:51:32 +0100
It is high time we stop such personal attacks on individuals. I cannot be
kept silence since it is a matter of repetition all the time. Mr. Njie is
not the first to come up with such personal postings, but people like Mr.
Saul Khan and Hamjatta's postings, in my owned opinion has been also
personal.
If, as you stated, brother Sallah has achieved a position or privilege as a
STATESMAN after Jammeh's 1994 military coup detat, is accurate, then that in
fact is nothing to elaborate on. Your postings have been very personal and
have nothing to do with Gambia-L in general. If you have such personal
matters to dilate upon, then write to Mr. Sallah's personal e-mail. You are
very unfair with yourself and the Gambian-L in general. Do you think Mr.
Sallah lost the last and previous elections just, as you stated, "Gambians
are too backward to understand your positions, ideas and political messages
"? If your statement and questions are correct, then you are directly
telling the general public that number one, Jawara won all his previous
elections because the Gambian people understood his positions, ideas and
political messages and not because he was in control of the state affairs,
which he uses in his favour. Number two, Jammeh also won the last election
because the Gambian people also understood very well his political ambition
and ideas, and not because he is in control of state affairs.

I really have my doubts if you really understood politics and in general
Gambian politics. Your questions are very unfair and dangerous and I advise
Mr. Sallah not to answer your questions and in the future, not to reply to
such personal mails. I am not quite sure of your location, but if you are in
the Gambia right now and have the fullest understanding of the political
nature, and you are a progressive person who wants a just course for the
Gambian people and don't want to betray your conscience, then you need not
have stated you unfair questions to Halifa. I just came from the Gambia last
week and with the political situation, as it is, some caution is needed to
adjust by the daily activities as politicians. You need not be told
anything, just be there and be sure to see for your self that people are
struggling daily to survive with the conditions they are facing daily.
I think Mr. Sallah's position as a politician is well known to every Gambian
and for that matter you need not asked for his position. Try and tell the
General public who you are first and your intentions, if not, what you have
just presented is not a good remark.
Once more I beg Mr. Sallah not to reply to your personal postings that came
to the Gambia-l in general, and an advice to all of us not to write such
personal postings to the Gambia-L but to individuals concerned.

With Love
Sahir Drammeh.