GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 22:59:45 EDT
Conteh,

I agree with you. Yaya Jammeh and his gang continue to hold a Kangaroo court
with every aspect of Gambian life, be it our laws, the constitution, you name
it, the play acting continues.

The APRC's tactics to rig this election started long ago. Did Yankuba Touray
not state publicly long ago that no one can unseat a "mansa" and that they
will never loose any election? That was not the voice of self confidence
spurred by a performance of their duties so well that Gambians will  flock to
the polls to vote for them, but a clear indication, given their record, that
they will stop at nothing to rig any and all elections one way or another to
continue their reign of terror.

Yes, if this upcomig election is carried on as usual, then we will just be
going through the motions knowing full well what the outcome will be.
Boycotting the elections will send a message to the rest of the World that
there is no possibility of a fair and free election in The Gambia so long as
the APRC government is in power because they will continue to practice
dishonesty to stay where they are. I hope the opposition wakes up to this
fact soon enough.

Jabou Joh

In a message dated 4/30/2001 8:35:56 PM Central Daylight Time,