EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jo Yoshida <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 21:08:15 -0600
>I would be interested to know how many members are former dieters or =
>Zoners who have found that they have lost lean body mass and now have a =
>lower resting metabolic rate (and thus are prone now to regain weight =
>rapidly).

Count me as a former raw vegan / fruitarian (12 years) who did manage
to make lean tissue gains through strength training during that
period. But I found after 8 or 9 years, my body, well, basically,
conked out, and I found myself weakening.

Once I re-instituted animal products, my strength levels rebounded
though not to the level I was at when I was 19 (I'm 41 now).

I plan to experiment with raw animal products in the near future to
see if this would help with strength gains. I'm relatively small
boned and therefore realistic about lean tissue gains.

I'm also a once-a-week trainee using high intensity multiple joint
movements such as squats and deadlifts.

Cheers,
Jo