EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tom Tanner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 07:23:01 -0500
    If you're snacking on cheese, make sure it is the low fat type. The
saturated fats from dairy/animal sources is not the best choice from a
hormonal balance which is what you're after in the first place. The balance
is what diminishes the cravings and the desire to snack in-between meals.
Saturated fats have an adverse effect on the cell membrane and its function
as a messenger transport. When this happens, DHEA, testosterone, estrogen
and many other hormones become deficient. Reduce your intake of saturated
fat to 10 percent of your overall diet.

    Some carbohydrates have an average of 35 percent protein and about 5
percent fat - the precise ratio needed by the body to manufacture hormones
and keep neuroendocrine function in excellent working order. If your desire
is to have more energy, lose excess bodyfat and feel satisfied in-between
meals for hours then you should eat LIBERALLY from this food group that have
this perfect balance.

    Try snacking on these types of food and watch your cravings disappear:

Fruits: apples, grapes and grapefruit.

Vegetables: spinach, broccoli, kale, turnip greens, cauliflower, cabbage,
zucchini, cucumbers, artichokes, celery, tomatoes, beets, watercress, dark
green lettuce, Brussels sprouts, mung bean sprouts, mushrooms, parsley,
green beans, green peppers, eggplant, onions and dandelion greens.

These type of foods provide us with an abundance of antioxidants and
alkaline-producing and easy-to-digest proteins that maintain a healthy
insulin/glucagon ratio. They will arrest the 'alarm reaction' and stop the
cravings; plus there is NO RESTRICTION on the amount or portion size. No
matter how much of these foods you eat, you will not gain weight or disturb
the equilibrium of your body.

Regards,
Tom