EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dave Fobare <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 11:58:04 -0400
Edith wrote:

>I don't know what to do about that.  Just this morning, I had three eggs
>and a couple of Steakums for breakfast, and I kept telling myself that
>it's good for me, but I don't know that I quite believe it yet.

Steakums? Hmmm... maybe we have found the reason for your relative disdain
of meat. Or perhaps the problem is really preparation. My wife likes to
cook, but she has a remarkable talent for making a wide variety of meats
taste exactly the same on the plate. Recently she began to understand my
lament when a business associate of hers treated her to lunch at a Ruth's
Chris. Barb ordered a filet medium rare; I had threatened to call a lawyer
if she had it prepared medium well or worse.

When Barb came home that night she sang the praises of red meat(*after*
cooking!) for the very first time. Since then things have improved
steadily. We spend more now on higher quality cuts, but it is well worth it.

Now I have to convince her that fish too can be done with a light touch. I
can't get her near a sushi bar.

Dave Fobare