EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robb Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2005 19:36:47 -0800
To reply to a digest, insert the relevant message header; don't reply to the digest header

Ian-

The trainign at crossfit and evfit are fine for anyone of ANY
conditioning level...so long as things are scaled appropriately.  The
needs of Olympic athletes and our grand parents differes only by
intensity, not kind.  Everyone needs to squat, lunge, press, pull and
the like.  If you need ideas on how to scale WO's accordingly ask a feww
questions on the crossfit message board:
http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/messages.shtml  the are loads of folks
there who can help in this area.

Keith-

It is interesting that Crossfit adopted the Zone.  I am of the same mind
as you in that it does not fit well with my notions of intermitency and
randomness.  I have eaten virtually identical to you for about 4 years
now following a cyclic low carb approach ala Natural hormonal
Enhancement/Metabolic diet and found it to be both effective and
enjoyable.  Greg Glassman (the crossfit founder) has found the Zone to
very effective and for most people, easier to implement than CLC.
they have done this with loterally tens of thounsands of people so i
tend to defer to them on this, while I continue eating CLC myself!

The Performance Menu was born of the constant barrage of emails which
asked "what/how do I eat".  Hence the recipes.  we are hoping to get an
interview with Loren Cordain and the Enig/Fallon crew so it should be
interesting.

Robb