EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robert Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 02:25:26 +0000
Is Lee's book "!kung san: men Women and work in a foraging society"?  I Read
that one about a year ago...truely amazing.  Excellent suggestions with the
other books by the way.   I will check them out.

On strength I have been tinkering with some more of Pavels stuff.  I am
doing Ladders (1,2,3,4,5,1,2...) starting out with about two cycles up to
five.  I am doing DL's, Squats, presses, rows, but about 70% of my
guestimated 1 RM.  Each work out I am increasing the weight by 5% untill I
have reached the fourth workout in which Instead of being 20% above the
original weight I drop the weight back to 5% (three steps forward, two
back).  Interestingly this follows a power law distribution and is a fractal
(I wish Devany stil hung around here!).  One can pack a fair amount of
volume into a very short time.  I'll let people know how things progress.
robb