EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tim Rowell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 16:28:38 -0500
To reply to a digest, insert the relevant message header; don't reply to the digest header

I've found this quote from the EvFit website very intriguing:

"Although food is important, the inclusion or exclusion of, for example,
grains, tomatoes or dairy foods from your diet is of far less marginal
significance at the practical level than how you spend your day. If you are
commuting by car from an apartment to a job in front of a computer screen,
you have greater dissonances to deal with than food choice."

I must confess I am one of those that falls into the "greater dissonances"
category.  I work with a computer all day, and don't see that changing
anytime soon, since I'm not close to retiring and still must make a living.

My question is two-fold:

1) What are some of the other dissonances we must deal with? The above
could be classified as a sedentary lifestyle, I guess.

2) How do we deal with those?  How do we bring them closer to an existence
that is more in-line with our evolutionary heritage?

Tim