EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rob Street <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 18:42:37 -0000
I have followed the super squats program in the past, and really enjoyed it.
  No 30 pounds of muscle in six weeks though.  Since then, I occassionally
add 20 rep squats to my workout.  Right now, I am using a twist on the 20
rep set.  Rather than increasing the weight every time, I just go to
failure.  24x with 225 lbs. Monday.  I am also doing something like that on
dead lift right now.  I am doing a set to failure with 315 lbs, stopping for
each rep.  I am at 13, climbing each week.  When I get to 20, I will move up
to 365, and probably less than 10, but work my way back up.  My partner is
doing the 20 rep deadlift just as the 20 rep squat is outlined in the book,
and progressing quite well.
-Rob in Lubbock